Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A walk through

It takes be back to my childhood memories. I lived my life with a desire to be a teacher. I still remember, whenever I had to play with my friends, I always wanted to be a teacher. I was very keen in dressing up like a teacher, wearing a sari, a high heel shoes and spectacles. I use to teach the walls and pillars, smacking them, asking questions and answering myself. As time passed the concept of a teacher has changed due to the influence of few of my role model teachers. Immediately after my graduation I got into a corporate world and just worked there for three days. I somehow felt that this is not the place where I should be. I was lucky enough to have a husband who equally thought that teaching is the only job that would suit my career coz I love kids. My passion for kids took me to a universal theatre where I could play multiple role as a successful teacher, mother, mentor, entertainer, guide and moreover a good friend.
 I’m glad to say that I did not become a teacher by chance or by an accident. Turning back 15 years in this 'Noble profession’, I can say that I'm happy and feel proud coz I have seen my timid, little boys and girls who use to clutch fearfully the hands of their parents when they were brought into the school for the first time, have grown to young men and women with radiating confidence and self-worth in their different careers. (Thanks to Face book).I enjoy reading comments about me by my old students, they are amazing feedbacks.
Moreover in the quest of finding the different types of learners and catering to their needs and skills, I'm blessed and glad to say that I have grown with great experiences and am still exploring the wide ocean of teaching and learning. It’s really interesting being inside the classrooms, trying out new techniques, entertaining and catering to the requirements of our students, I look forward working many more years and watching my students grow as successful teachers, engineers, lawyers and doctors, etc. Moreover creating a smile on every face,EVERY SMILE MATTERS. I will keep travelling in this world of education,learning,exploring and full filling my mission and vision, to mold my students as a successful and enthusiastic lifelong learners.
Friends, feel proud of yourself coz you're a TEACHER.
Several roles to bring out success in our students




4 comments:

  1. Noble Profession..True..It is the only profession ,by which we can mould a good future generation..I love this profession and proud to say that I am a teacher...I am just taking this opportunity to say a BIG THANKS to my dear Nirmal Rani who showed me all the techniques to be a good teacher...But still I am in KG..But an outstanding KG student:)
    Nice Post dear!! I can feel all the stages in your life while reading this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thushara,you're an awesome teacher.You've immense capabilities hence your school has recognised your effort,abilities,etc.Never underestimate yourself,always reflect on your work and get feedbacks then you will understand your potentials.I'm just a way,you've developed everything by your own effort and determination.
      You're a SUPER TEACHER.Best Wishes!

      Delete
  2. well said Nirmal, Noble proffession indeed it is! Yes it's very rewarding when you meet children whom you have once taught at a very young age; and they still remember your ways & styles when they meet you. This makes one feel that their teaching was worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Rhea.All our effort and determination will reflect not only on our career,it will reflect on every young lives we touch.Students are our reflection,feedbacks,etc.Keep up all your hardwork,the world will repay.

      Delete