Monday, April 30, 2012

PD Experience

Sign Up to your choice……

The Continuous Professional Development Programme in Winchester is designed to foster the personal and professional development of teachers, to enhance their teaching effectiveness and

the effectiveness of students’ learning. Before moving to testify my golden experiences in Winchester, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the Head of Professional Development, Mr. Rohan Roberts for his baffling training sessions.

Luck was beside me as I got a chance to enroll myself for the CICT training sessions, we the cohort 2 waited for Thursday afternoons to happen. It would have been a great loss, if one could have missed out this opportunity. We were enriched and chiseled with the practical, theory and blog experiences. We had to successfully wind up our training in three months’ time. I wish I could have stopped the time machine as it grabbed away the great time with a great team and a great teacher, Mr. Rohan.

But thankful to the Wednesdays-CPD’s as it an ongoing process in Winchester. It’s a bliss being a part of the Winchester PD sessions. Teachers draw an insight of their skills and potentials through attending and conducting the PD sessions. Teachers have immense opportunities in Winchester; it’s the choice of the teacher to be a trainer or a trainee. Teachers are so confident in themselves, creating a stimulating learning environment, designing or planning lesson plans and resources to cater the multiple intelligence.

I have remarked that Winchester school is a platform for all the teachers who have keen desire in enhancing their teaching profession. I just revealed my desire to conduct a PD on, Creativity. This gave me an opportunity to share my experience and to work with a wider team as there were teachers from both the secondary and primary. I have never missed out these golden chances; I have also led a PD for the Transport Department on, the etiquettes and responsibilities of the drivers and conductors. This gained a new experience and working with another department was real excitement. My next PD is on -Purposeful play to inspire learning for the 21st century global society.

It’s not only the teachers but our students too benefit these opportunities. Next week we have student led ICT training for teachers, I am so excited to work with them as a co-facilitator. Winchester has groomed my career. I’m confident and I will still learn, explore to create a new spirit for education. And moreover these in-service trainings will help to raise student progress and create fun-filled and active learning classrooms.

 PD for teachers on Creative       Displays









Presentation for Winchester School Drivers and Conductors on -Etiquettes and Responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment