Sunday, April 22, 2012

Differentiation a greatest teaching technique

Differentiation

Rap on water cycle
Role play on watercycle
Poster making on water cycle
I always strive my best to include a main activity catering to the multiple intelligence.It's a great challenge for a teacher to plan a lesson,activities and resources for differentiation.I call it as a challenge coz each planned activity and resources should cater the needs of the students,achieve the learning objective and outcome and more over the student progress should be clearly evident.Some of the differntiation that I often use in my class .
  • Mind map
  • Key terms
  • Bulletein points
  • Unsramble
  • Puzzles
  • Crosswords
  • Fill in the blanks
  • Role play
  • Poster making
  • Collage
  • Movie making
  • Essay writing
  • Note making
  • summary writing,etc 

I have got immense ideas through the CICT training and the Winchester School CPDS.I would use these ideas to polish my skills of differentiation.I would use more of ICT skills,VAK,peer assistance,open book test (which will act as a resource),access to internet to google information,designing their own(students) resources and worksheets,making critical thinking questions by students.designing their own plenary,etc.
Hope in the run ,I will grab more ideas on differentiation and help my students to be a well equipped citizens of tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment